If you are trying to cut grocery costs, making your own yogurt is one way to get more out of your budget. It is also much easier than many people think. A yogurt-maker isn’t even necessary. As long as you have a sizable pot at home and the basic ingredients to whip up a batch, homemade yogurt is within reach.
To make 1 quart of plain yogurt, you will need the following ingredients and tools:
Hazırlık: 40 ortaçağ halk ozanı
Cook: 3 hrs
11. Pour the fresh milk into a big pot, and slowly heat it on a stove over low-medium heat to 180 F degrees. Use a candy thermometer to ensure you do not exceed this temperature. Stir occasionally.
22. Once it reaches 180 F degrees, remove from the stove and let it cool to 125-130 F. Again, use the candy thermometer to check on temperature.
33. Mix 1/4 cup of the milk from the pot with the 1/2 cup of plain yogurt in a bowl. Then stir the mixture back into the pot. Take tea towels or small blankets and wrap the covered pot, and place somewhere in the kitchen where the mixture will be undisturbed. Make sure that the blankets are completely covering the pot, as the insulated heat will help the yogurt-making process. Leave it undisturbed for 3-4 Saat.
44. To check if it is done, unwrap the cloths, and gently tap its surface with a spoon. It should either be firm, or solid with a bit of clear-to-slightly yellow liquid on the surface. Allow it to completely cool. If it is not done, rewrap the pot and let it sit for another hour. But be careful not to overdo this process; the yogurt will get sour, and while still edible, will not be as enjoyable to eat.
55. Sterilize glass jars (size of your choosing) in a large pot filled with an inch of water, along with lids, for 10 dakika.
67. Pour yogurt into jars or jar and refrigerate immediately. The yogurt should be good for up to two weeks if stored in the refrigerator.
7To make it thicker, strain the yogurt overnight on a cheesecloth placed in a bowl. Dump the excess fluid, and store the thickened yogurt.
8This recipe is also easily adjustable. To make a gallon of yogurt, simply increase the milk amount to a gallon, and use 1/4 cup of plain yogurt as the starter. The end-product can also be used as the starter for your next batch of yogurt.
4 cups fresh milk (adjust to your personal liking – you can go with skim or full fat)
1/3 cup powdered milk
1/2 cup plain yogurt with active bacteria culture (This is very important, as this is your “starter” and initiates the fermentation process. Choose a high-quality yogurt, such as Dannon or Stonyfield Farm, for this initial batch. There have been reports of less-than-satisfactory results using store-brand yogurt as the base.)
HTTPS://recetasdecocinafaciles.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/How-to-make-yogurt.jpg10641600Lisa kekHTTPS://recetasdecocinafaciles.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/logoprincipal.pngLisa kek2016-07-22 13:16:212016-07-22 13:16:21How to make yogurt